3M Cubitron II File Belt 786F
3M Cubitron II File Belt 786F is a 3M best-in-class abrasive belt, designed for use with the 3M File Belt Sander, for tasks like grinding out rivets and removing spot welds. 3M Precision Shaped Grain is resin-bonded on a heavy duty backing for a more consistent finish, cooler operation and two times more belt life. The resin bond and a grinding aid keep this belt cutting cool and sharp.
Make Light Work of Tough Tasks with Cubitron II
Ideal for tough detail work like cleaning, deburring, blending and finishing as well as working in small confined spaces. 3M Cubitron II File Belt 786F is available in three grades – 36+, 60+ and 80+ – and widths including 3/8”, 1/2” and 3/4” as well as lengths of 13”, 18” and 20.5”.
The exceptionally fast cut and long life of 3M ceramic abrasive grain enable this slim belt to accomplish a remarkable degree of work. Its fast cutting action helps eliminate burning or other forms of thermal damage, as well.
About 3M Cubitron II and Precision-Shaped Grain
3M Cubitron II abrasive discs, cutoff wheels and file belts have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. Cubitron abrasives feature Precision-Shaped Grain (PSG) technology, which allows 3M engineers to control the geometry of the abrasive grain for a truly fast, efficient cut. Instead of simply crushing the abrasive into particles, 3M uses microreplication to uniformly size ceramic grains and precisely shape them into triangular structures – essentially, sharp peaks that slice, not plow, through paint and metal. These grains are electrostatically oriented on the abrasive surface for the most efficient cut and even wear. What’s more, PSG fractures during use to maintain sharp abrasive edges. The result: Cubitron II cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than conventional ceramic abrasives.
- LONGER LASTING: Cubitron II delivers 30 percent faster cut and double the life of other premium abrasives
- UNIFORM ABRASIVE: 3M Cubitron II technology provides an efficient cut that easily cleans, strips, and deburrs
- FAST CUTTING: Versatile belt slices through hard metal for quick cut
- COMPATIBLE: Grinds out rivets and spot welds quickly when used with 3M File Belt Sander
- RELIABLE: Heavy-duty belt stays reliably strong for consistent performance
- For industrial/occupational use only. Not for consumer sale or use.